A critical pattern of crossflow around a slender
Topological structure of a slender crossflow was discussed with topological analysis. It is pointed that the development of slender vortices leads to the change of topological structure about cross flow, and a critical flow pattern will appear. There is a high-order singular point in this critical flow pattern. And the index of the high-order singular is −3/2. The topological structure of this singular point is instable, so bifurcation will occur and the topological structure of flowfield will be changed by little disturbance.
Key wordsslender high-order singular point bifurcation structure stability
Chinese Library ClassificationV211.1
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification34C40 34C05 76B47
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allen H J, Perkins E W. Characteristcs of flow over inclined bodies of revolution [R]. NACA RMA, 50L07, 1951.Google Scholar
- Nielsen J N. Nonlinearities in missile aerodynamics [R]. AIAA Paper, 78-20, 1978.Google Scholar
- Keener E R, Chapman G T. Similarity in vortex asymmetric over slender bodies and wings [J].AIAA J, 1977,15(9):1370–1372.Google Scholar
- Lowson M V, Ponton A J. Symmetry breaking in vortex flows on conical bodies [J].AIAA J, 1992,30(6):1576–1583.Google Scholar
- Lu Qishao.The Qualitative Method of Differential Equation and Bifurcation [M]. Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics Press, Beijing, 1989. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang Zhifen, Ding Tongren, Huang Wenzhao,et al..The Qualitative Theory of Differential Equation [M]. Science Press, Beijing, 1985, 156–163. (in Chinese)Google Scholar