Elastic wave scattering and dynamic stress in composite with fiber
- 45 Downloads
Based on the theory of elastic dynamics, multiple scattering of elastic waves and dynamic stress concentrations in fiber-reinforced composite were studied. The analytical expressions of elastic waves in different region were presented and an analytic method to solve this problem was established. The mode coefficients of elastic waves were determined in accordance with the continuous conditions of displacement and stress on the boundary of the multi-interfaces. By making use of the addition theorem of Hankel functions, the formulations of scattered wave fields in different local coordinates were transformed into those in one local coordinate to determine the unknown coefficients and dynamic stress concentration factors. The influence of distance between two inclusions, material properties and structural size on the dynamic stress concentration factors near the interfaces was analyzed. It indicates in the analysis that distance between two inclusions, material properties and structural size has great influence on the dynamic properties of fiber-reinforced composite near the interfaces. As examples, the numerical results of dynamic stress concentration factors near the interfaces in a fiber-reinforced composite are presented and discussed.
Key wordsfiber-reinforced composite multi-interfaces scattering of elastic waves dynamic stress concentration
Chinese Library ClassificationO347.4
2000 MR Subject Classification74J20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Norris A, Yang Y. Dynamic stress on a partially bonded fiber[J].J Appl Mech, 1991,58 (2): 404–409.Google Scholar
- WANG Do, MA Xin-rui, LIUDian-kui.Advances in Elastodynamics[M]. Beijing: Science Press, 1995. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HU Chao, MA Xin-rui, HUANGWen-hu. Scattering of elastic wave and dynamic stress concentrations in plates with double holes[J].Acta mechanica Sinica, 1998,30 (5): 587–595. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Pao Y H, Mao C C.Diffractions of Elastic Waves and Dynamic Stress Concentrations[M]. LIU Dian-kui, SU Xian-yue transl. Beijing: Science Press, 1993. (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- Achenbach J D.Wave Propagation in Elastic Solids [M]. XU Zhi-xin, HONG Jin-ru transl. Shanghai: Tongji University Press, 1992. (Chinese version)Google Scholar