General solution of the overall bending of flexible circular ring shells with moderately slender ratio and applications to the bellows (III)—Calculation for C-shaped bellows
- 32 Downloads
This is one of the applications of Part (I), in which the angular stiffness, the lateral stiffness and the corresponding stress distributions of C-shaped bellows were calculated. The bellows was divided into protruding sections and concave sections for the use of the general solution (I), but the continuity of the stress resultants and the deformations at each joint of the sections were entirely satisfied. The present results were compared with those of the other theories and experiments, and are also tested by the numerically integral method. It is shown that the governing equation and the general solution (I) are very effective.
Key wordstheory of flexible shell circular ring shell C-shaped bellows overall bending general solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CHIEN Wei-zang, ZHENG Si-liang. Equations of axisymmetrical shells in complex quantities and their general solution for slender ring shells[J].Journal of Tsinghua University, 1979,19(1):27–47. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHIEN Wei-zang. Calculation for C-shaped bellows—an application of the theory of slender ring shells[J].Journal of Tsinghua University, 1979,19(1):84–99. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHEN Shan-lin. General solution of the bending of ring shells with equations in complex[A]. In: YEH Kai-yuan Ed.Progress in Applied Mechanics[C]. Dordrecht: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 1987, 181–192.Google Scholar
- ZHU Wei-ping, HUANG Qian, GUO Ping. Complex equations of flexible circular ring shells overall-bending in a meridian plane and general solution for the slender ring shells[J].Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Ed), 1999,20(9):952–959.Google Scholar
- ZHU Wei-ping, HUANG Qian, GUO Ping, et al. General solution for C-shaped bellows overall-bending problems[A]. In: N E Shanmugam, Y J Richard Liev, V Thevendran Eds.Thin-Walled Structures-Research and Development, 2nd ICTWS[C]. 1998, Singapore: Oxford, UK: Elsevier Science Ltd, 1998, 477–484.Google Scholar
- ZHU Wei-ping. Numerical solution for C-shaped bellows overall-bending in a meridian plane by initial parameter method[J].Chinese Quarterly of Mechanics, 2000,21 (3): 311–315. (in Chinese)Google Scholar