Localization of polaritons close to dislocations in ionic crystals
- 11 Downloads
It is shown that two types of polaritons are localized at dislocations in ionic crystals. Dispersion equations are obtained for the localized polaritons; the dependence of the oscillation amplitude on the distance to the dislocation is determined.
KeywordsDielectric Permittivity Oscillation Amplitude Dispersion Equation Localize Oscillation Ionic Crystal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Kosevich, Fundamentals of Crystal-Lattice Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.S. G. Gestrin, in: Abstracts of the Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Conference on the Strength and Plasticity of Materials [in Russian], Samara (1995), pp. 640–642.Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Davydov, Solid-State Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.S. G. Gestrin, Fiz. Nizk. Temp.,19, No. 4, 424–428 (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.S. G. Gestrin, Fiz. Nizk. Temp.,20, No. 1, 71–75 (1994).Google Scholar