Modification of hard alloy WC-steel 110G13 by a pulsed low-energy, high-current electron beam
- 24 Downloads
Using metallography, x-ray diffraction analysis, diffraction electron microscopy, and microhardness measurements we have investigated the results of the action of a pulsed low-energy, high-current electron beam on the phase composition, defect structure, and mechanical properties of the hard alloy WC-30% steel 110G13. We have observed and studied in detail the regions of elevated microhardness (the microhardness of the material in these regions is 1.5–2.0 times greater than the original value) located on the irradiated surface and in the interior of the material. We have shown that the number of zones of elevated microhardness increases with an increase in the number of pulses in the electron beam treatment. We consider the mechanisms for hardening of the material by a low-energy, high-current electron beam. We conclude that the increase in the microhardness of the alloy is due to dispersion of the carbide phase, precipitation of nanometric complex carbide particles, strain hardening, and hardening due to polymorphic transformation (γ→∈) of the binder.
KeywordsTungsten Carbide Hard Alloy Binder Phase Steel 110G13 Complex Carbide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Lykov, V. I. Itin, G. A. Mesyats, et al.. Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,310, No. 4, 858–861 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. F. Ivanov, V. I. Itin, S. V. Lykov, et al., Fiz. Met. Metalloved.,75, No. 5, 103–112 (1993).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. F. Ivanov, V. I. Itin, S. V. Lykov, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,321, No. 6, 1192–1196 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. F. Ivanov, S. V. Lykov, and V. P. Rotshtein. Fiz. Khim. Obrat. Mater., No. 5, 52–67 (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. F. Ivanov, I. S. Kashinskaya, S. V. Lykov, et al.. Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 10, 42–50 (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. F. Ivanov, A. V. Paul', S. F. Gnyusov, et al., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 5, 96–99 (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.M. I. Gol'dshtein and V. M. Farber, Dispersion Hardening of Steel [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.I. N. Bogachev and V. F. Egolaev, Structure and Properties of Iron — Manganese Alloys [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar