Siebenmann-type cobordisms with borders and topology changes by quantum tunneling
- 38 Downloads
Siebenmann-type cobordisms are constructed to describe topology changes with the Seifert fibered homology spheres in in- and out-states. We study the problem of determining of topology-changing amplitudes for these quantum tunneling processes. The calculations are performed in the stationary phase approximation for Kodama wave functions. In this approximation the amplitudes are expressed in terms of Chern-Simons invariants of flatSU(2)-connections over the cobordism boundary components. The topology-change amplitudes found are factorized into the Kodama wave functions for the lens spaces. The results are compared with those for Fintushel-Stern-type cobordisms which have been previously investigated.
KeywordsTopology Change Lens Space Solid Torus Homology Sphere Flat Connection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ashtekar, A. (1991).Lectures on Nonperturbative Canonical Gravity, World Scientific, Singapore.Google Scholar
- Rourke, C., and Sanderson, B. (1972).Introduction to Piecewise-Lineal Topology, Springer-Verlag, New York.Google Scholar
- Siebenmann, L. (1979). InSpringer Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 788, Springer, Berlin, p. 172.Google Scholar
- Smolin, L. (1995). Linking topological quantum field theory and nonperturbative quantum gravity, Preprint, CGPG-95/4-5, IASSNS-95/29.Google Scholar
- Susskind, L. (1994). The world as hologram. Preprint. hep-th/9409089.Google Scholar
- 't Hooft, G. (1993). Dimensional reduction in quantum gravity. Preprint. gr.-qc/9310006.Google Scholar