Radiative transfer single-scattering albedo estimation with a super-padé approximation of Chandrasekhar'sH-function
Three algorithms for evaluating the single-scattering albedo within an isotropically scattering, semi-infinite medium are developed for measurements external to the medium with narrow and wide field-of-view detectors. Two of the algorithms are iterative and require the computation of the ChandrasekharH-function, which can be done with the super-Padé approximation, while the third algorithm is an explicit one that requires no iteration.
KeywordsRadiative Transfer Physical Review Letter Radiative Transfer Equation Isotropic Scattering Pad6 Approximant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abu-Shumays, I. (1966).Nuclear Science and Engineering,26, 430–431.Google Scholar
- Abu-Shumays, I. (1967).Nuclear Science and Engineering,27, 607–608.Google Scholar
- Baker, Jr., G. A. (1975).Essentials of Padé Approximants, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Bender, C. and Orszag, S. (1978).Advanced Mathematical Methods for Scientists and Engineers, McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Chandrasekhar, S. (1960).Radiative Transfer, Dover, New York.Google Scholar