Renewal of basic laws and principles for polar continuum theories (VI) — Conservation laws of mass and inertia
- 44 Downloads
The purpose is to reestablish the coupled conservation laws, the local conservation equations and the jump conditions of mass and inertia for polar continuum theories. In this connection the new material derivatives of the deformation gradient, the line element, the surface element and the volume element were derived and the generalized Reynolds transport theorem was presented. Combining, these conservation laws of mass and inertia with the balance laws of momentum, angular momentum and energy derived in our previous papers of this series, a rather complete system of coupled basic laws and principles for polar continuum theories is constituted on the whole. From this system the coupled nonlocal balance equations of mass, inertia, momentum, angular momentum and energy may be obtained by the usual localization.
Key Wordspolar continua coupled transport theorem conservation law of mass and inertia
Chinese Library Classification numberO33
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification74A35 74A60
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dai Tian-min. New laws and principles for continuum mechanics-Part I. Balance laws and equations[J]. In: CHIEN Wei-zang Ed.Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Nonlinear Mechanics. [C]. Shanghai: Shanhai University Press, 2002. 206–209.Google Scholar
- Dai Tian-min. New laws and principles for continuum mechanics-Part II. Energy rate and power [A] In:——Ibid. Shanghai: Shanhai University Press, 2002, 210–212.Google Scholar
- Dai Tian-min. On basic laws and principles for continuum field theories[A.]. In:Ibid. Shanghai: Shanhai University Press, 2002, 29–41.Google Scholar
- Dai Tian-min. Equations of motion and boundary conditions of incremental type for polar continua [J].Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 2000,21(3): 249–254.Google Scholar
- Eringen A C.Continuum Physics, Vol. II [M]. New York and London: Academic Press, 1975.Google Scholar
- Eringen A C. Kafadar C B.Continuum Physics, Vol. IV [M]. New York and London: Academic Press, 1976.Google Scholar