Self-similar solutions of fracture dynamics problems on axially symmetry
- 23 Downloads
By the theory of complex functions, a penny-shaped crack on axially symmetric propagating problems for composite materials was studied. The general representations of the analytical solutions with arbitrary index of self-similarity were presented for fracture elastodynamics problems on axially symmetry by the ways of self-similarity under the laddershaped loads. The problems dealt with can be transformed into Riemann-Hilbert problems and their closed analytical solutions are obtained rather simple by this method. After those analytical solutions are utilized by using the method of rotational superposition theorem in conjunction with that of Smirnov-Sobolev, the solutions of arbitrary complicated problems can be obtained.
Key wordspenny-shaped crack axially symmetric composite materials analytical solutions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Charepanov G P.Mechanics of Brittle Fracture[M]. New York: McGraw-Hill International Book Company, 1979.Google Scholar
- Muskhelishvili N I.Singular Integral Equations[M]. Moscow: Nauka, 1968.Google Scholar
- Charepanov G P, Afanasoy E F. Some dynamic problems of the theory of elasticity—A review[J].Int J Engng Sci, 1970,12(5):665–690.Google Scholar
- Erigen A C, Suhubi E S.Elastodynamics, Vol.2,Linear Theory[M]. New York, San Francisco, London: Academic Press, 1975.Google Scholar
- Hoskins R F.Generalized Functions[M]. New York: Ellis Horwood, 1979.Google Scholar
- Sih G C.Mechanics of Fracture 4. Elastodynamics Crack Problems[M]. Leyden: Noordhoff International Publishing, 1977, 213–247.Google Scholar