Dynorphin administered to Newborn rats modulates morphogenesis of the heart
- 22 Downloads
Proliferation, activity of the nucleolar organizer region, and protein content in cardiomyocytes were studied in 21-day-old rats intraperitoneally treated with κ-opioid receptor agonist dynorphin A1–13 in a dose of 100 μg/kg on postnatal days 2–6. The content of catecholamines in the heart and proliferative activity of cardiomyocytes remained unaffected, but the number of nucleoli in cardiomyocyte nuclei and the integral optical density of cardiomyocytes stained with amido black B (protein content) increased. The data suggest that administration of dynorphin to newborn rats considerably modulates morphogenesis of the heart at later terms.
Key Wordsmyocardium cardiomyocytes protein synthesis nucleolar organizer region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. D. Gol'dberg, A. M. Dygai, and O. Yu. Zakharova,Role of Opioid Peptides in Regulation of Hemopoiesis [in Russian], Tomsk (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.E. N. Goncharova, N. P. Mel'nikova, S. S. Timoshin, and G. G. Obukhova,Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,128, No. 7, 63–65 (1999).Google Scholar
- 3.I. F. Ibragimova, R. K. Danilov, and M. Z. Zagidullin,—Ibid.,119, No. 6, 12–15, (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.M. E. Kogan, L. N. Belov, and T. A. Leont'eva,Arkh. Pat., No. 1, 77–80 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.T. I. Lapteva, E. V. Mikodina, G. G. Fomina, and Yu. B. Filippovich,Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,107, No. 4, 473–475 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.N. N. Mamaev, O. V. Kovaleva, Kh. K. Amineva,et al., Arkh. Pat., No. 3, 43–45 (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.N. P. Mel'nikova,Effects of Ligands of Opiate Receptors on DNA Synthesis in the Myocardium of Neonatal Rats, Abstract of Cand. Med. Sci. Dissertation, Moscow (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Men'shikov,Methods of Clinical Biochemistry of Hormones and Transmitters, Pt. 2. [in Russian], Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.P. P. Rumyantsev,Reproduction, Differentiation, and Regeneration of Cardiomyocytes [in Russian], Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.S. S. Timoshin, M. I. Radivoz, and E. I. Mel'nik,Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,117, No. 5, 533–535 (1994).Google Scholar