The subgroups of the special linear group over a skew field that contain the group of diagonal matrices
- 19 Downloads
For any (noncommutative) skew field T, the lattice of subgroups of the special linear group Λ=SL(n,T) that contain the subgroup Δ=SD(n,T) of diagonal matrices (with Dieudonné determinants equal to 1) is studied. It is established that for any subgroup H, Δ≤H≤Λ, there exists a uniquely determined unital net σ such that Λ(σ)≤H≤N(σ), where Λ(σ) is the net subgroup associated with the net σ and N(σ) is its normalizer in Λ. Bibliography: 11 titles.
KeywordsParabolic Subgroup Diagonal Matrice Standard Description Special Linear Group Reducible Subgroup
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Artin,Geometric Algebra, New York-London (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.Bui Xuan Hai, “On the distribution of subgroups in the special linear group over a skew field with infinite center,”Zap. Nauchn. Semin. LOMI (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Vavilov, “Linear groups generated by homoparametric groups of homogeneous transformations,”Usp. Mat. Nauk,44, 189–190 (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.D. A. Suprunenko, “Matrix groups,”Translation of Mathematical Monographs,45 (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.N. Bourbaki,Groupes et Algèbres de Lie, Chap. IV–VI.Google Scholar