Padé approximation and generalized moments
- 28 Downloads
We propose studying generalized moment representations of a form in which it suffices to apply a system of orthogonal polynomials in order to procure the biorthogonality conditions in the construction of superdiagonal Padé polynomials using generalized moment representations. The algebraic polynomials in the moment representation are to be sought as the linear forms of biorthogonal polynomials. We obtain the relations between the coefficients of these linear forms and the generalized moments, and we also establish conditions for the existence and uniqueness of generalized moment representations of polynomial form.
KeywordsLinear Form Orthogonal Polynomial Linear Algebraic Equation Polynomial Form Algebraic Polynomial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Baker and P. R. Graves-Morris,Padé Approximants, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.F. R. Gantmakher,Theory of Matrices, nelsea, New York (1959)Google Scholar
- 3.W. Jones and W. Thron,Continued Fractions, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.V. K. Dzyadyk and A. P. Golub, “The generalized moment problem and Padé approximation,” Preprint, Mathematical Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, Kiev (1981), pp. 58–81.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Gilewicz,Approximants de Padé, Lect. Notes Math.,667, Springer, New York (1978).Google Scholar