The classical and generalized love problems in a domain of low-frequency interference waves of signal type. I
Low-frequency interference waves propagating through a thin elastic layer, which is in rigid contact with an elastic half-space, are considered. A new method for computing the fields of low-frequency waves suggested by G. I. Petrashen allows us to compute the fields of these waves and to draw some conclusions concerning their behavior. In particular, we may conclude that the thin upper layer significantly distorts a signal sent deep into a medium.
KeywordsSaddle Point Spectral Function Wave Field Phase Function Integration Path
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. I. Petrashen, B. M. Kashtan, and Yu. V. Kiselev, “Quantitative study of nonstationary interference wave fields in layered-homogeneous elastic media with plane-parallel interfaces. I. Statements of the problems and efficient methods for their solution,”Zap. Nauchn. Semin. POMI,214, 7–186 (1994).MATHGoogle Scholar
- 3.Yu. A. Voronin, “On the study of screening phenomena of seismic waves by thin layers,” in:Problems of the Dynamic Theory of Propagation of Seismic Waves [in Russian],3 (1959), pp. 252–292.Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. V. Kiselev, A. A. Kovtun, B. M. Kashtan, and G. I. Petrashen, “On the study of interference waves in layered elastic media, in:Problems of the Dynamic Theory of Propagation of Seismic Waves [in Russian],29 (1989), pp. 41–58.Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Golikova, M. V. Chizhova, and Yu. A. Surkov, “Characteristics of a wave field generated when waves penetrate into high-velocity layers at a nearly critical angle,”Geophys. Trans.,35, No. 4, 227–242 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.I. S. Berezin and N. P. Zhidkov,Methods of Computations [in Russian], Vol. II, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.I. Sneddon,Fourier Transforms [in russian], Moscow (1955).Google Scholar
- 8.V. M. Babich, “Reciprocity principles for dynamic equations in elasticity theory,” in:Problems of the Dynamic Theory of Propagation of Seismic Waves [in Russian],6 (1962), pp. 60–74.Google Scholar