Effects of thymidine and phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate on erythroid differentiation of K562 cells and their sensitivity to nonspecific lysis by rat splenocytes
- 27 Downloads
Induction of hemoglobin synthesis in K562 cells by thymidine (2 mM)in vitro did not significantly enhance major histocompatibility complex antigen-unrestricted lysis of splenocyte-exposed K562 cells. Inhibition of thymidine-induced hemoglobin synthesis by simultaneous incubation of cells with thymidine and phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (100 nM) decreased cytolytic activity of splenocytes against K562 cells. Preincubation of tumor cells with phorbol ester alone did not affect major histocompatibility complex antigen-unrestricted lysis induced by rat splenocytes but decreased the basal level of hemoglobin synthesis.
Key Wordsnonspecific cytotoxicity erythroid differentiation phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. G. Anisimov and I. A. Bolotnikov,Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,122, No. 10, 394–398 (1996).Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Anisimov and I. A. Bolotnikov,Tsitologiya,39, No. 9, 822–828 (1997).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. L. Volyanskaya, T. Yu. Kolotova, and N. V. Vasil'ev,Usp. Sovr. Biol.,114, No. 6, 679–692 (1994).Google Scholar
- 4.G. G. Gurzadyan and D. Shul'te-Frolinde.Biofizika,41, No. 5, 1033–1037 (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.S. D. Ivanov,Postradiation Reactions of DNA Nucleotides in Blood Leukocytes. Detection, Principles, and Importance for Diagnostics and Prognosis, Abstract of Doct. Biol. Sci. Dissertation, St. Petersburg (1992).Google Scholar
- 10.R. Galladrini, R. DeMaria, M. Piccoli,et al., J. Immunol.,153, No. 10, 4399–4407 (1993).Google Scholar
- 12.P. Jeanesson, C. Trentesaux, B. Gerard,et al., Cancer Res.,50, No. 4, 1231–1236 (1990).Google Scholar