Oscillations of an unstretched string
- 24 Downloads
Small oscillations of a linear elastic string that has not been stretched are considered. A nonlinear wave equation that describes the main features of the oscillations is presented.
KeywordsLongitudinal Wave Phase Portrait Transverse Process Cosmic String Jacobi Equation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Akhiezer,Elements of the Theory of Elliptic Functions [in Russian]. Moscow-Leningrad (1948).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Hurwitz andR. Courant.The Theory of Functions [Russian translation]. Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Naifé.An Introduction to Perturbation Methods [in Russian], Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. V. Yakubovskii, V. S. Zhivov, Ya. I. Koritysskii, andI. I. Magushov,Fundamentals of the Mechanics of Strings, [in Russian], Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. V. Yakubovskii,A Handbook of Special Functions [in Russian], Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.V. S. Shchedrov,Fundamentals of the Mechanics of Flexible Strings [in Russian], Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1998