The perturbation parameter in the problem of large deflection of clamped circular plates
- 29 Downloads
In the problems of large deflection of clamped circular plates under uniformly distributed loads, various perturbation parameters relating to load, deflection, slope of deflection, membrane force, etc, are studied. For a general perturbation parameter, the variational principle is used for the solution of such a problem. The applicable range of these perturbation parameters are studied in detail. In the case of uniformly loaded plate, perturbation parameter relating to central deflection seems to be the best among all others. The method of determination of perturbation solution by means of variational principle can be used to treat a variety of problems, including the large deflection problems under combine loads.
KeywordsCircular Plate Perturbation Parameter Large Deflection Deflection Curve Perturbation Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chien Wei-zang, Large deflection of a circular clamped plate under uniform pressure,Chinese Journal of Physics, 6 (1947), 102–113.Google Scholar
- 3.Hu Hai-chang, On the large deflection of a circular plate under combined action of uniformly distributed load and concentrated load at the center.Chinese Journal of Physics, 10, 4 (1954), 383–392.Google Scholar
- 4.Chien Wei-zang, Yeh Kai-yuan, On the large deflection of circular plate,Chinese Journal of Physics, 10, 3 (1954), 209–238.Google Scholar
- 5.Yeh Kai-yuan, Large deflection of a circular plate with a circular hole at the center,Chinese Journal of Physics, 9, 2 (1953), 110–119.Google Scholar
- 6.Chien Wei-zang, Lin Hong-sun, Hu Hai-chang and Yeh Kai-yuan, Large deflection of clastic thin circular plate,Academia Sinica Monograph (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.Nash, W.A., Cooly, I. D., Large deflection of a clamped plate subjected to uniform pressure. Transactions of A. S. M. E., J. ofAppl. Mech., 26, 2 (1959) 291–293.Google Scholar
- 8.Chien, W. Z. and Yeh, K. Y., Large deflection of a rectangular plate under uniform pressure, Proc. Ninth Intern. Congr. Appl. Mech., Brussels, 6, 403 (1957).Google Scholar
- 9.Вольмир, А. С., Гибкие Пластинки и Оболоник (1956)Google Scholar
- 12.McPherson, A. E., Ramberg, W., Levy, S., Normal pressure tests of circular plates with clamped edges,NACA Report 744 (1944).Google Scholar