Criss-cross heart with discordant atrioventricular connections
- 107 Downloads
A case of criss-cross heart is presented in which there was situs solitus with atrioventricular (AV) discordance and single outlet, the aorta arising from the right ventricle. Associated lesions were pulmonary atresia and ventricular septal defect.
The apparently normal AV relation in the presence of a discordant AV connection can be explained by the hypothesis that an embryonic 1-bulboventricular loop developed and was followed by marked counter-clockwise rotation of the ventricles.
Key wordsEmbryology Pulmonary atresia Atrioventricular (AV) connections Congenital heart disease
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Ando M, Takao A, Cho E, Vehara K, Nihmura I (1974) Criss-cross heart by abnormal rotation of bulboventricular loop: diagnostic considerations for complex cardiac anomaly.Proc Pediatr Circ Soc 4 Google Scholar
- 5.Ando M, Takao A, Nihmura I, Mori K (1976) Crossing atrioventricular valves. A clinical study of eight cases (abstr).Circulation 53, 54 (suppl 2):11–90Google Scholar
- 7.Bharati S, Lev M (1974) Conduction systemic in single ventricle with inverted (L) transposition.Circulation 49, 50 (suppl 1. III): III-39Google Scholar
- 9.Danielson GK, Tabry IF, Ritter DG, Fulton RE (1951) Surgical repair of criss-cross heart with straddling atrioventricular valve.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 77:847–851Google Scholar
- 10.De La Cruz MV: Personal communication. Madrid, January, 1980Google Scholar
- 15.Otero Coto E, Wilkinson JL, Dikinson DF, Rufilanchas JJ, Marquez J (1979) Gross distortion of atrioventricular and ventriculo-arterial relations associated with left juxtaposition of atrial appendanges. Bizarre form of atrioventricular criss-cross.Br Heart J 41:486–492Google Scholar
- 19.Symons JC, Shinebourne IkEA, Joseph MC, Lincoln C, Ho Y, Anderson RH (1977) Criss-cross heart with congenitally corrected transposition: report of a case with d-transposed aorta and ventricular pre-excitation.Eur J Cardiol 5/6:493–505Google Scholar