Discrete and continuous bodies with affine structure
- 47 Downloads
The equations of motion of an affine body are derived (also for the case of variable mass) evidencing in particular the rôle of the generalized moment of momentum of internal forces. Successively, local dynamic and thermodynamic equations of balance for a continuous body with an affine microstructure are proposed, also for the case when such a body is one of the constituents in a mixture.
KeywordsInternal Force Variable Mass Local Dynamic Thermodynamic Equation Continuous Body
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. M. Naghdi,The theory of shells and plates, in Handbuch der Physik, VIa/2, C. Truesdell Ed., Springer (1972).Google Scholar
- A. C. Eringen,Mechanics of micromorphic continua, in Proc. IUTAM Symp., Freudenstadt and Stuttgart, 1967, pp. 18–35, E. Kröner Ed., Springer (1968).Google Scholar
- C. Truesdell — R. A. Toupin,The classical field theories, in Handbuch der Physik, III/1, S. Flügge Ed., Springer (1960).Google Scholar
- R. S. Rivlin,Generalized mechanics of continuous media, in Proc. IUTAM Symp. Freudenstadt and Stuttgart, 1967, pp. 1–17, E. Kröner Ed., Springer (1968).Google Scholar
- R. S. Rivlin,The formulation of theories in generalized continuum mechanics and their physical significance, in Symp. Math. I, INAM, Rome, 1968, pp. 357–373, Oderisi (Gubbio) and Academic Press (1969).Google Scholar
- C. Truesdell,Rational thermodynamics, McGraw-Hill (1969).Google Scholar
- G. Capriz — P. Podio Guidugli,Formal structure and classification of theories of oriented materials (forthcoming).Google Scholar