Synthesis and characterization of LiNiyCo1−yPO4 (y=0–1) cathode materials for lithium secondary batteries
- 338 Downloads
In this work series of LiNiyCo1−yPO4 (y=0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8 and 1) phospho olivines were synthesized by solution co-precipitation technique and characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD), Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) and impedance spectroscopic analysis. The XRD patterns of LiNiyCo1−yPO4 (y=0.2, 0.4, 0.6 and 0.8) revealed that they are essentially single phase and have an Olivine-type XRD patterns similar to those of their parent compounds LiCoPO4 and LiNiPO4. An increase in wave number for most of the dominant infrared bands in PO4 vibrational region for the substitution of Co by Ni in LiCoPO4 indicated the strengthening of both the P-O and Li/Ni-O bonds.
KeywordsLithium Fourier Transform Olivine Single Phase Phospho
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A.K. Padhi, K.S. Najundaswamy and J.B. Goodenough, J. Electrochem. Soc.144, 1188 (1997).Google Scholar
- K. Amine, H. Yasuda and M. Yamachi, Electrochem. Solid State Lett.3, 178 (2000).Google Scholar
- A. Yamada and S.C. Chung, J. Electrochem. Soc.148, A960 (2001).Google Scholar
- A. Yamada, Y. Kudo, and K.Y. Liu, J. Electrochem. Soc.148, A1153 (2001).Google Scholar
- P.P. Prosini, D. Zanc, M. Pasquali, Elecrochim. Acta.46, 3517 (2001).Google Scholar
- S. Okada, S. Sawa, M. Egashira, J. Yamaki, M. Tabuchi, H. Kageyama, T. Konishi, A. Yoshino, J. Power Sources97–98, 430 (2001).Google Scholar
- A. Yamada, M. Hosoya, S.C. Chung, Y. Kudo, K. Hinokuma, K.Y. Liu and Y. Nishi, J. of Power Sources119–121, 232 (2003).Google Scholar
- G. Herzberg, Infrared and Raman Spectra of Polyatomic Molecules, Van Nostrand, New York (1975).Google Scholar