Mercury values in urine from inhabitants of St. Petersburg
- 21 Downloads
The results of 3000 urine analyses are presented. The observational data were obtained for the reference group of school children and adults and for groups of people suffered from indoor mercury pollution. A novel Zeeman atomic absorption spectrometer and cold vapour and piroliz methods were used for determination of total mercury. A background mercury value in urine for St. Petersburg region is determined as 0.5 μg/l. Distributions of mercury concentrations in urine after five accidents are given. There are considerable differences in total mercury distribution for each group, that depend on level of Hg exposure. Peculiar features of the 24-hour rhythm of mercury excretion with urine is used for the treatment of patients, an optimal therapy selection and rehabilitation control.
KeywordsMercury School Child Mercury Concentration Peculiar Feature Total Mercury
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aladatov, A. G. Metiel, N. N. and Riebiena, G. A.: 1990,Aledikohiologicheskoye Znachenive Urovnya Soderzhaniya Rtuti v Biosredakh Organizma. Gigiyena i Sanitariya,5, pp. 88–95, (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Dreval, T.V. Mashyanov, N.R. Ryzhov, V.V. et al.:1996,Mercury in the Atmosphere of St. Petersburg —Distribution, Origins and Influence on Human Health. Proc. 4th Intern. Conf. “Mercury as a Global Pollutant”, Hamburg, Germany, p. 217.Google Scholar
- Ganeyev, A. A. Pogarev, S. E. Ryzhov, V. V. Sholupov, S. E. and Dreval, T. V.: 1995,The New Method for Direct and Express Determination of Mercury in Oil, Gas Condensate and Biological Samples. Ecol. Chem.,4, pp. 122–126.Google Scholar
- Kramer, D. Piechotowski, I. Jovanovik, S. et al.: 1995,Amalgatnfullungen und Quecksibergehalte im Spontanurin von Kingern Zenterable. Hyg. und Umweltmet,197, pp. 296–300.Google Scholar
- Pogarev, S. E. Ryzhov, V. V. Dreval, T. V. and Mashyanov, N. R.: 1995,Using Zeeman Atomic Absorption Spectrometerfor Mercury Detection in Urine. Ecol. Chem.,4, pp. 118–121.Google Scholar
- Sholupov, S. E. and Ganeyev, A. A.: 1995,Zeeman Absorption Spectrometry Using High Frequency Modulated Light Polarization, Spectrochim. Acta,50B, pp. 1227–1236.Google Scholar