Some parameters of spinning poly-p-phenylene terephthalamide fibres through an air gap
The spinneret draw ratio for jets of LC solutions of PPTA (range of 1 to 10) is a basic parameter in spinning of high-strength fibres through an air gap. The strength of the fibres is a function of the conditions of intense spinneret drawing of the jets of LC solutions of PPTA and the spinning speed. Most of the sulfuric acid (solvent) passes into the spinning bath as a result of brief contact of the jet of LC PPTA solution and fibres with it during spinning.
KeywordsPolymer Organic Chemistry Sulfuric Acid Basic Parameter Draw Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Blades, US Patent No. 3,767,756 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Blades, US Patent No. 3,869,429 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Blades, US Patent 3,869,430 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Kiya-Oglu, T. A. Rozhdestvenskaya, and L. D. Serova, Khim. Volokna, No. 2, 3–7 (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.M. M. Iovleva, G. E. Prozorova, and V. N. Smirnova, Vysokomolek. Soedin.,B25, No. 1, 15–18 (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.H. H. Yang, US Patent No. 4,340,559 (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.D. W. Luckey, US Patent No. 4,898,704 (1990).Google Scholar