Ultrafiltration membranes for fabrication of protein concentrates
- 23 Downloads
A new version of dry-wet molding of membranes of the UAM type for concentration of curd whey by the ultrafiltration method is proposed. The physicomechanical indexes of the membranes was investigated as a function of the thickness of the filtering layer and concentration of the cellulose diacetate solution. Membranes fabricated from 5% solutions of CDA with a filtering layer thickness of 0.05 mm had the highest selectivity (72%) and filtration rate (43.2·10−3 m/sec) at 20‡C and pressure of 0.1 MPa.
KeywordsPolymer Cellulose Filtration Organic Chemistry Layer Thickness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. A. Fetisov and A. P. Chagarovskii, Membrane and Molecular-Screen Methods of Milk Processing [in Russian], Agropromizdat, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.V. P. Dubyaga, L. P. Perepechkin, and E. E. Katalevskii, Polymer Membranes [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.E. M. Aizenshtein, Khim. Volokna, No. 5, 19–26 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.S. R. Rafikov, S. A. Pavlova, and I. I. Tverdokhlebova, Methods of Determination of the Molecular Weights and Polydispersity of Macromolecular Compounds [in Russian], Izd. Akad. Nauk, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.O. I. Nachinkin, Khim. Volokna, No. 5, 26–28 (1991).Google Scholar