The problem of a point source of SH-waves in the case of separation of variables
- 14 Downloads
where μ(x, y)=α(x)β(y), ρ(x, y)=α(x)β(y)(g(x)+d(y)) (α, β, g, d are given step functions), is considered. The problem is solved in explicit form and the asymptotic expansion of the solutions as ω→+∞ is found.
KeywordsPoint Source Asymptotic Expansion Explicit Form Step Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Aki and P. Richards,Quantitative Seismology [Russian translation], Vol. 2, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Babich and N. S. Grigorieva,Orthogonal Decompositions and the Fourier Method [in Russian], Leningrad (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.E. C. Titchmarsh,Eigenfunction Expansions Associated with Second-Order Differential Equations, Vol. 2, Clarendon Press, Oxford (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.M. V. Fedoruk,The Saddle Point Method, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.M. V. Babich and V. S. Buldyrev,Asymptotic Methods in Problems of Diffraction of Short Waves, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Smirnov,A Course in Analysis, Vol. 4, Moscow (1951).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Smirnov,A Course in Analysis, Vol. 2, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar