Corrosion rate determination using57Fe Mössbauer spectra of corrosion products of steel
- 32 Downloads
Goethite and lepidocrocite are reported as main corrosion products of steel formed in Cuban wet tropical atmosphere. Corrosion rate changes exponentially with time. It was determined that area ratio between lepidocrocite paramagnetic doublet lines and goethite sextet has the same exponential behavior, that is why this method can be proposed for studing atmospheric corrosion kinetics.
KeywordsAtmosphere Thin Film Corrosion Rate Rate Change Area Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- U.R. Evans,The Corrosion and Oxidation of Metal (Aonold London, 1968) p. 185.Google Scholar
- M. Okada et al., Corrosion-Nace 26 (1970) 429.Google Scholar
- K. Borton,Protection Against Atmospheric Corrosion (John Willey and Sons, 1976).Google Scholar
- C. Haces and F. Corvo, Corrosion and Protection (Spanish). (May 1982) 11.Google Scholar
- C. Haces et al.,Proc. III. Congress of Corrosion and Protection, Brazil, Vol. I (1989) pp. 156–163.Google Scholar
- Draft Internat. standard ISO/DIS 8565 metals and alloys. Atmospheric corros. testing. General requirements for field tests.Google Scholar
- M.J. Graham and M. Cohen, Corrosion 32 (1976) 432.Google Scholar
- H. Leidheiser Jr and S. Music, Corros. Sci 22 (1982) 1289.Google Scholar
- W. Meisel, J. Physique 41 (1980) C1–63.Google Scholar
- T. Peev, M.K. Georgieva, S. Nagy and A. Vertes, Radiochemie Radivand Letters 33 (1978) 265.Google Scholar
- C. Díaz, Ph. D. Thesis, CNIC, 1988 (in Spanish).Google Scholar