Optimal experimental design to estimate the correlation coefficient in a gaussian model
- 29 Downloads
The article considers the problem of finding the distribution function of the components of a stochastic finite-dimensional vector from nonsimultaneous observations of the vector components. An experimental procedure is proposed in which the observation process is related with some instrumental random variable distributed independently of the experimentally observed vector, and the relationship between the two variables is chosen in an optimal manner. The optimal control distribution minimizes the correlation coefficients of the observed vector components. The minimization problem is solved and an optimal experimental procedure is described.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Distribution Function Computational Mathematic Industrial Mathematic Minimization Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. V. Gnedenko, Yu. K. Belyaev, and A. D. Solov'ev, Mathematical Methods in Reliability Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.B. A. Kozlov and I. A. Ushakov, A Handbook of Reliability Computations [in Russian], Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.V. K. Dedkov and N. A. Severtsev, Main Topics in Operation of Complex Systems [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.R. S. Sudakov et al., Statistical Problems of System Development and Tables for Numerical Computation of Reliability Characteristics [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Chervonyi, V. I. Luk'yashenko, and L. V. Kotin, Reliability of Complex Systems [in Russian], Znanie, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Borskii, “Application of the method of separation the principal part to reliability analysis of complex systems,” Avtomat. Telemekh., No. 3, 23–30 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Prokhorenko and V. F. Golikov, Using Prior Information in Reliability Estimates [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.N. I. Trukhaev and V. V. Khomenyuk, Theory of Nonclassical Variational Problems [in Russian], Izd. LGU, Leningrad (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.V. K. Chichinadze, Solving Nonconvex Nonlinear Optimization Problems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 11.N. L. Burlutskova, “Estimating system reliability from incomplete information,” in: Optimization Models and Methods [in Russian], VNIISI, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar