Study of the high purity and ultrafine silica fibre
- 36 Downloads
The effects of leaching time, temperature and the concentration of the acid solution on the purity of the drawn sodium borosilicate glass fibres were systematically studied. The high purity and ultrafine silica fibres were obtained by acid leaching method. The law of leaching non-siliceous constituents was found. Furthermore, leaching mechanism is discussed, which can be considered as a process of ion exchange and diffusion.
KeywordsSodium Polymer Acid Solution High Purity Glass Fibre
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. E. Goldstein, Technical Report No. NASA T MX-2770 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.D. B. Leiser,Amer. Ceram. Bull. 60 (1981) 1201.Google Scholar
- 3.T. H. Elmer,J. Amer. Ceram. Soc. 67 (1984) 778.Google Scholar
- 4.B. E. Ramachandran,ibid. 63 (1980) 1.Google Scholar
- 5.G. B. Price,et al. US Patent Number 4200485 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Maddison,Glass Technol. 21 (1980) 297.Google Scholar
- 7.D. B. Leiser, US Patent Number 4148962 (1979).Google Scholar