Practical method of structural analysis for box-shaped elements of hydraulic structures
- 19 Downloads
In the practical method of analysis here developed for the stress state of a certain class of hydraulic structures, the analytical scheme may be represented by a system of boxes with massive inserts.
The proposed method is based on well-known principles of structural mechanics (displacement method) and on a numerical method of the theory of elasticity (the grid method).
For rational application of this method in the analysis of hydraulic structures, it is convenient to use an electronic computer for preparing a set of tabulated solutions for plates (including plates on an elastic foundation), which would facilitate the setting up of the resolving system of equations.
The comparisons with similar analytical methods, as well as the experimental data, permit expecting an acceptable accuracy of the proposed method.
KeywordsEnergy Source Power Generation Rational Application Power Engineer Renewable Energy Source
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. F. Papkovich, Structural Mechanics of Ships [in Russian], Vol. 1, Sudpromizdat (1941).Google Scholar
- 2.D. V. Vainberg and E. D. Vainberg, Disks, Plates, and Beam-Walls [in Russian], Gosstroiizdat (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.P. L. Pasternak, Basic Concepts of a New Method for the Analysis of Foundations with Two Moduli of Subgrade Reaction [in Russian], Gosstroiizdat (1954).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Kh. Gol'tsman, Analysis of Powerhouses with Overflow Dams [in Russian], Énergiya (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.V. P. Likhachev, S. V. Luzan, A. V. Mikhailov, I. I. Petrov, I. K. Samarin, V. I. Stankevich, and I. N. Sherbina, Methods of Stability and Strength Analysis of Hydraulic Structures [in Russian], Gosstroiizdat (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Smotrov, Rigid Boxes [in Russian], ONTI (1931).Google Scholar
- 7.V. Z. Vlasov, Thin-Walled Spatial Systems [in Russian], Gosstroiizdat (1958).Google Scholar
- 8.N. P. Abovskii and L. V. Endzhievskii, “Analysis of folded and box systems by the grid method,” in: Spatial Structures in the Krasnoyarsk Territory [in Russian], Krasnoyarsk (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.S. D. Ponomarev, V. L. Biderman, K. K. Likharev, V. M. Makushin, N. N. Malinin, and V. I. Feodos'ev, Basic Concepts of Modern Methods of Strength Analysis in Machine Construction [in Russian], Mashgiz (1950).Google Scholar
- 10.A. K. Kosukhin, “Analysis of thin-walled spatial structures considered as systems of joined plates,” in: Transactions of a Conference on the Theory of Plates and Shells [in Russian], Kazan (1961).Google Scholar
- 11.L. I. Suponitskii, Bending of Rectangular Plates under the Action of Any Transverse Deformation of the Contour [in Russian], Vol. 83, Izd. VNIIG (1967).Google Scholar