The role of Ga2O3 in the preparation of Y2O3:Eu3+ phosphor from the oxides
- 33 Downloads
It has been observed that Ga2O3 enhances the cathodeluminescence and the 2537 Å-excited photoluminescence, and also causes whitening of the body colour of Y2O3:Eu2+ prepared from the oxides. In both types of luminescence, these effects are apparently due to the Ga2O3 behaving as a mineraliser, i.e. a diffusion enhancer. In the case of photoluminescence, additional brightness enhancement resulting from incorporation of Ga2O3 is due to a type of sensitisation to the exciting wavelength.
KeywordsOxide Colour Polymer Phosphor Y2O3
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. J. Avella andF. C. Palilla, US Patent 3,368,980, 13 February, 1968.Google Scholar
- 2.Matsushita Electronics Corp., French Patent 1,550,113, 20 December, 1968.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Forest andG. Ban,J. Electrochem. Soc. 116 (1969) 474.Google Scholar
- 4.Idem, private communication.Google Scholar
- 5.S. J. Schneider, R. S. Roth, andJ. L. Waring,J. Res. Nat. Bur. Stand. 65A (1961) 345.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Drys andW. Trzebiatowski,Roczniki Chem. 42 (1968) 203.Google Scholar
- 7.I. A. Dmitriev, V. S. Bykovskii, andE. G. Semin,Izvest. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater. 4 (1968) 2213.Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Lyudvinskii andL. B. Romanovskii,Khim. Tekhnol. 12 (1969) 188.Google Scholar