Mössbauer and electron spin resonance investigation of the effect of heat treatment on the structural units and magnetic properties of iron vanadium borophosphate glasses
- 16 Downloads
In our previous work /1/, the behaviour of iron addition to vanadium borophosphate (V. B. P.) glasses (78 mole% V2O5, 15 mole% P2O5, 7 mole% B2O3 and x mole% Fe2O3 where (0.5≤x≤50) was investigated by (ME) and (ESR) techniques. In the present work, the investigations were extended to study the effect of heat treatment (H. T) on the same system (up to x=7.5 mole% Fe2O3). The results obtained showed that heating these glasses at the glass transition temperature (Tg=350°C) for different periods up to 120 min. highly affected their structural units and magnetic properties. The extent of this effect depends on the iron content as well as on the H. T period.
KeywordsIron Heat Treatment Fe2O3 Vanadium Transition Temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.N.A. Eissa, H.A. Sallam, W.M. El-Metigy, and A.M. Hassan Rezk. Hyp. Int. Vol. 7 (1990) 939.Google Scholar
- /4/.T. Furutawa, and W.B. White, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 64 (1981) 443.Google Scholar
- /6/.J. Gotz, Physics Chem. Glasses 18 (1977) 52.Google Scholar
- /7/.J. Briggs, and T.G. Carruthers Physics Chem. Glasses 17 (1976) 30.Google Scholar
- /8/.J.G. Morley, Glass Technol. 6 (1965) 77.Google Scholar
- /9/.K. Matusita, and S. Skka, Physics Chem. Glasses 20 (1979) 81.Google Scholar
- /10/.T. Nishida, T. Hirai, and Y. Takashima, Physics Chem. Glass. 24 (1983) 113.Google Scholar
- /11/.Y.M. Abou Zeid, M.Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Science, Al-Azhar University. Cairo. (1985).Google Scholar
- /12/.A.M. Bishay, and F. Hassan, Interaction of Radiation with Solids. Edited by Adli Bishay. Plenum Press, New York (1967) 95.Google Scholar