Determining the design coefficient for strength of rock en masse
- 69 Downloads
Equation (3) is recommended for determining the design value of the coefficient of strength fst of rock en masse.
In engineering-geologic reconnaissance practice, use should be made of the classification presented in Table 1, in order to gather data for changing over to the new index of soundness of rock en masse.
KeywordsEnergy Source Power Generation Power Engineer Renewable Energy Source Structural Foundation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Instructions for Design of Hydraulic Tunnels. SN 238-73 [in Russian], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Deer et al., Design of Tunnel Support Systems, Highway Res. Rec., No. 339 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.C. Jaeger, Rock Mechanics and Engineering, Cambridge Univ. Press (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Spittel et al., Tunneling Cost Analysis, Office of High-Speed Ground Transportation, Washington (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Golodkovskaya (editor), Engineering-Geologic Investigations for Exploration of Mineral Deposits [in Russian], MGU, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Barton et al., “Engineering classification of rock masses for the design of tunnel support,” Rock Mech.,6, No. 4 (1974).Google Scholar