Shape coexistence and intruder states: theZ=82 region
- 26 Downloads
The phenomena associated with shape coexistence and intruder states are illustrated with examples from the Pt, Au, Hg, Tλ, Pb and Bi isotopes which lie far from beta stability midway between closed neutron shells 82 and 126. The type of spectroscopic measurements which have already been developed to investigate these structures as well as those types of measurements needed to extend and quantify the analysis, such as on-line nuclear orientation, are discussed.
KeywordsThin Film Spectroscopic Measurement Nuclear Orientation Neutron Shell Intruder State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /7/.M. O. Kortelahti, E. F. Zganjar, H. K. Carter, C. D. Papanicolopulos, M. A. Grimm and J. L. Wood, J. Phys. G (in press).Google Scholar
- /9/.M. O. Kortelahti, E. F. Zganjar, C. R. Bingham, V. Charmichael, J. L. Wood, R. W. Fink, H. K. Carter, J. H. Hamilton, J. Kormicki, L. Chaturvedi, K. S. Toth and W. B. Newbolt, to be submitted to Phys. Lett. B.Google Scholar
- /12/.E. F. Zganjar, C. D. Papanicolopulos, J. L. Wood, R. A. Braga, R. W. Fink, A. J. Larabee, M. Carpenter, D. Love, C. R. Bingham L. L. Riedinger and J. C. Waddington, Nuclei Off the Line of Stability, R. A. Meyer and D. S. Brenner eds., ACS Symposium Series324 (1986) 245.Google Scholar
- /13/.E. F. Zganjar, J. L. Wood, C. Papanicolopulos and M. Kortelahti, Nuclear Structure, Reactions and Symmetries, R. A. Meyer and V. Paar eds., World Scientific, Singapore, 1986, p. 716.Google Scholar
- /14/.C. D. Papanicolopulos, M. A. Grimm, J. L. Wood, E. F. Zganjar, M. O. Kortelahti and J. D. Cole, Z. Phys. A (in press).Google Scholar
- /15/.E. F. Zganjar, M. O. Kortelahti, J. L. Wood and C. D. Papanicolopulos, Fifth Intl. Conf. on Nuclei Far From Stability, I. S. Towner ed., AIP Conf. Proc.164 (1988) 313.Google Scholar
- /16/.C. D. Papanicolopulos, Ph.D. thesis, Ga. Tech., 1987.Google Scholar
- /18/.J. L. Wood, E. F. Zganjar, and J. D. Cole, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc.25 (1980) 739.Google Scholar
- /20/.F. Hannachi, G. Bastin, M. G. Porquet, J. P. Thibaud, C. Bourgeois, L. Hildingsson, N. Perrin, H. Sergolle, F. A. Beck and J. C. Merdinger, Z. Phys.A330 (1988) 15.Google Scholar
- /22/.E. F. Zganjar, and J. L. Wood, Proceedings of the Intl. Workshop on Nuclear Structure of the Zirconium Region, 24–28 April, Bad Honnef, Germany, 1988 (in press).Google Scholar