Low-temperature dynamics of local-moment systems investigated by thermal cycling methods
- 18 Downloads
We report studies of the low-temperature dynamics of several dilute alloy systems in which local moments are present, using various thermal-cycling nuclear orientation methods. Determinations of nuclear spin-lattice relaxation over a wide concentration range in the giant-moment alloys CoPd illustrate the various types of magnetic behavior in this system. Experiments on dilute TbAu show evidence of clustering and impurity-impurity interactions. Strong local moments are formed on Mn in the weak ferromagnet ZrZn2, but the relaxation behaves as in a paramagnetic alloy.
KeywordsAlloy System Orientation Method Magnetic Behavior Wide Concentration Range Local Moment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Klein, Chap. 12 inLow Temperature Nuclear Orientation, eds. N.J. Stone and H. Postma, (North-Holland, Amsterdam 1986), p. 579, and references therein.Google Scholar
- E. Klein and W. Augustin, this Conference.Google Scholar
- M. Hoffmann, H. Böttcher, and W.D. Brewer, Proc. Conf. on Nucl. Meth. in Magnetism, Munich, 1988 (Hyp. Int., in press).Google Scholar
- M. Böttcher, W.D. Brewer, and E. Klein, Proc. Conf. on Nucl. Meth. in Magnetism, Munich, 1988 (Hyp. Int., in press).Google Scholar
- M. Trhlík, B. Sed'ák, H. Rotter, Ĺ. Lešták, V.N. Pavlov, P. Čížek, M. Finger, A.L. Erzinkyan, V.P. Parfenova, and G.M. Gurevich, Hyp. Int.35, 825 (1987).Google Scholar
- N.E. Phillips, Crit. Rev. Solid State Sci.2, 467 (1971).Google Scholar
- H. Harshak, W.D. Brewer, and P. Roman, this Conference.Google Scholar