Facility for parity and time reversal experiments with intense epithermal (eV) neutron beams
- 48 Downloads
A facility for polarized epithermal neutrons of high intensity is set up at the Los Alamos National Laboratory for parityviolation and time reversal experiments at neutron resonances over a wide range of neutron energies. The beam is polarized with the aid of a polarized proton target used as a neutronspin filter. Total cross section measurements as well as capture gamma-ray experiments will be carried out. The main features of this system will be discussed.
KeywordsThin Film High Intensity National Laboratory Total Cross Section Neutron Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.W. D. Hamilton, Progr. Nucl. Phys.10 (1969) 1Google Scholar
- /5/.K. S. Krane, in Low Temperature Nuclear Orientation, ed. N. J. Stone and H. Postma (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1986) p. 247Google Scholar
- /7/.B. Heckelet al., J. de Phys. vol.45, Coll.C3, (1984) 89Google Scholar
- /8/.V. P. Alfimenkov,et al., J. de Phys. vol.45, Coll.C3, (1984) 93Google Scholar
- /11/.C. D. Bowman, J. D. Bowman and V. W. Yuan, Submitted to Phys. Rev. CGoogle Scholar
- /13/.V. E. Bunakov, private communicationGoogle Scholar
- /14/.Proc. workshop on Tests of Time Reversal Invariance in Neutron Physics, ed. N. R. Roberson, C. R. Gould and J. D. Bowman, Chapel Hill, North-Carolina 1987 (World Scientific, Singapore 1988)Google Scholar
- /16/.H. Postma, Proc. third intern. Symp. on Polarization Phenomena in Nuclear Reactions, Madison 1970, ed. H. H. Barschall and W. Haeberli (Univ. of Wisconsin Press, 1971) p. 373Google Scholar
- /18/.K. P. Coulter,et al., Proc. workshop on Tests of Time reversal Invariance in Neutron Physics, Chapel Hill, 1987, ed. N. R. Roberson, C. R. Gould and J. D. Bowman (World Scientific, 1987) 140, and submitted to Phys. Rev. C.Google Scholar
- /19/.C. D. Jeffries, Dynamic Nuclear Orientation, Inters. Tracts on Physics and Astronomy, number 23 (J. Wiley & Sons, 1963) p. 121Google Scholar