Study of the amorphous Fe100−xB x and (Fe70Co30)100−xB x powder prepared by borohydride reduction
- 33 Downloads
The amorphous fine particles of Fe100−xB x (20.7≤x≤36.5) and (Fe70Co30)100−xB x (26.9≤x≤40.2) were prepared by borohydride reduction. The amorphous state of the samples was identified with both X-ray and electron diffraction measurements. With increasing boron content, the average hyperfine magnetic fields decrease. Comparing the hyperfine parameters of the glassy powder with those of the ribbons having the same compositions, the average hyperfine fields and the isomer shifts are different. The differences may be due to the amorphous polymorphism which is produced by the different preparation methods.
KeywordsBoron Electron Diffraction Fine Particle Borohydride Isomer Shift
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S.A. Miller, in:Amorphous Metallic Alloys, ed. F.E. Luborsky (Butterworth and Co. Ltd., 1983) p. 507.Google Scholar
- D. Buchkov, S. Nikolov, I. Dragieva and M. Slavcheva, J.M.M.M. 62 (1986) 87.Google Scholar
- Rong-jie Zhou, Fa-shen Li and Zi-fan Zhang, Hyp. Int. 42 (1988) 1181.Google Scholar
- S. Mørup, J.A. Dumesic and H. Topsoe, in:Applications of Mössbauer Spectroscopy, ed. R.L. Cohen, Vol. II (Academic Press, New York, 1980) p. 28.Google Scholar
- K. Moorjani and J.M.D. Coey, in:Magnetic Glasses (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1984) p. 74.Google Scholar