Light polarization in iodine-doped polyvinyl alcohol films
- 213 Downloads
129I Mössbauer measurements have been performed on unidirectionally stretched iodinedoped polyvinyl alcohol(PVA) films which are widely used as optical polarizers. In the films iodine is observed to be in the form of I−, I 3 − , and I 5 − and the stretch of the films increases the abundance of the polyiodides, I 3 − and I 5 − . In the stretched PVA films, it has become clear that the linear polyiodides lie parallel to the stretching direction.
KeywordsAlcohol Thin Film Iodine Polyvinyl Alcohol Light Polarization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /2/.H. C. Haas, in Polyvinyl alcohol, ed. C. A. Finch (John Wiley Sons, London, 1973), p. 493.Google Scholar
- /5/.Y. Maeda, H. Sakai, S. Ichiba, M. Katada and H. Negita, Annu. Rep. Res. Reactor Inst. Kyoto Univ. 6(1973)64.Google Scholar
- /6/.T. Matsuyama, H. Sakai, H. Yamaoka and Y. Maeda, J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans. (1982)229.Google Scholar
- /7/.M. Seto, Yu. Maeda, T. Matsuyama, H. Yamaoka, H. Sakai, S. Masubuchi and S. Kazama, to be published in this volume.Google Scholar
- /8/.M. Seto, Yu. Maeda, T. Matsuyama, H. Yamaoka, H. Sakai, S. Masubuchi, S. Kazama, K. Mizoguchi and K. Kume, to be published in this volume.Google Scholar