Thermoelectric effect in the hollow superconducting cylinder of Pb and Pb-In alloy
- 34 Downloads
The technique for measuring of the thermoelectric effect in superconductors near the critical temperatureTC has been elaborated. The measured magnetic flux was induced by temperature gradient (ΔT∼1K) between joints. The experimental study of the thermoelectric effect has been carried out in the hollow bimetallic superconducting cylinder consisting of the Pb and Pb-In alloy. The observed temperature dependence of the thermoexcited magnetic flux has been well approximated by the logarithmical function. The magnitude order of the thermopower estimated from the experimental data coincides with the known low temperature thermopowers of metals.
KeywordsExperimental Data Experimental Study Temperature Gradient Magnetic Material Magnetic Flux
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. L. Ginzburg,J. of Phys. USSR 8, 148 (1944).Google Scholar
- 5.D. J. Van Harlingen,Physica B 109–110, 1710 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.Y. M. Gal'perin, V. L. Gurevich, and V. I. Kozub,Sov. Phys.-JETP 39, 680 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.R. M. Arutunian and G. F. Zharkov,Sov. Phys.-JETP 56, 632 (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.A. M. Gerasimov, A. I. Golovashkin, O. M. Ivanenko, and K. V. Mitsen,Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute, No. 11, 10 (1995).Google Scholar
- 11.F. J. Blatt, P. A. Schroeder, C. J. Foiles, and D. Greig,Thermoelectric power of metals, Plenum Press, New York/London (1976).Google Scholar