The structural model for liquid-solid reaction of mesoporous powder
- 47 Downloads
The reaction kinetics of the mesoporous powder, MCM-TP, anchored with synergistic extractant TOPO-P204, with Pd2+ in spent fuels have been investigated. The results showed that the reaction rate was independent of pellet size, which suggested that the powder pellet was highly porous and was composed of plate-like “grains”. This analysis was confirmed by observing the surface and cross section of the pellet with SEM. It provided the physical basis for establishing the liquid-solid reaction model of mesoporous powders: P-G* model. The calculated curves from the model were in good agreement with the experimental results.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Reaction Kinetic Reaction Model Physical Basis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Yunfeng Lu, Rahul Ganguli, Celeste A. Drewien et al., Nature, 389 (1997) 364.Google Scholar
- 5.V. Alfredsson, M. Keung, A. Monnier et al. J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. (1994) 921.Google Scholar
- 8.Xiwen Huang, Rongshu Wang, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 1997, (in press).Google Scholar
- 9.C. Y. Wen, Ind. Eng. Chem., 334 (1968) 60.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Szekely, H. Y. Sohn, Gas Solid Reaction, Academic Press, New York, San Francisco, 1976.Google Scholar