Four of five patients with cloacal exstrophy seen at the Massachusetts General Hospital since 1978 have had pelvic kidneys. This association is discussed and a possible embryological explanation considered.
KeywordsPublic Health General Hospital Massachusetts General Hospital Pelvic Kidney Cloacal Exstrophy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ravitch M, Welch KJ et al. Pediatric surgery, 3rd edn. Law Book Medical, ChicagoGoogle Scholar
- 4.Hayden PW, Chapman WH, Stevenson JK (1979) Exstrophy of the cloaca. Am J Dis Child 125: 879Google Scholar
- 6.von Geldern CT (1959) The etiology of cloacal exstrophy and allied malformations. J Urol 82: 134Google Scholar
- 8.Funkalsrud EW, Linde L (1970) Successful management of vesicointestinal fissure. Report of two cases. J Pediatr Surg 5: 309Google Scholar
- 10.Gray SW, Skandalakis JE (1972) Embryology for surgeons. Saunders, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar