Changes induced by progesterone treatment in the sulphatides of the frog oviduct
- 13 Downloads
Sulphatides have been studied by histochemical and biochemical procedures in the oviduct of the frog in different experimental conditions. In ovariectomized or hypophysectomized, animals, compared to sham-operated, an increase in sulphatides was observed. The progesterone treatment did not significantly, modify this lipid fraction in ovariectomized frogs, while in hypophysectomized frogs it induced a further increase. Densitographic profiles of the sulphatides, obtained by thinlayer chromatography (TLC) and also recorded by Tesak equipment, were similar in ovariectomized or hypophysectomized frogs following hormone treatment because they showed three distinct fractions in both experimental groups of animals. The appearance of a third fraction never previously observed was probably induced by the progesterone treatment. Moreover, under the effects of this hormone, the phospholipid fractions (phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamine) also showed different densitographic profiles.
KeywordsLipid Progesterone Developmental Biology Phosphatidylcholine Hormone Treatment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Andreozzi, G., Botte, V. &Chieffi, G. (1971) L'ovidutto diRana esculenta nel corso del ciclo riproduttivo. Ricerche istologiche ed istochimiche.Boll. Zool. 38, 261–72.Google Scholar
- Berra, B., di Palma, S. &Zambotti, F. (1974) Analisi cromatografica dei lipidi.,J. Res. Lab. Med. 1, 45–7.Google Scholar
- Coles, L., Hay, J. B. &Gray, G. M. (1970) Factors affecting the glycosphingolipids composition of murine tissue.J. Lip. Res. 11, 158–67.Google Scholar
- Dulaney, J. T. &Moser, H. W. (1977) In:Practical Enzymology of the Sphingolipidoses (edited byGlew, R. W. &Peters, S. P.), pp. 137–71. New York: Alan R. Liss.Google Scholar
- Elison, R. P. (1971) Fertilization of frog body-cavity eggs:Rana pipiens eggs andRana clamitans sperm.Biol. Reprod. 8, 362–8.Google Scholar
- Greven, H. (1980) Licht-und elektronenmikroskopische Untersuchungen zur Struktur und Histochemie des Oviduktepithels (Pars recta and pars convoluta I, II III) vonSalamandra salamandra (L) (Amphibia, Urodela).Z. mikrosk.-anat. Forsh. 94, 387–429.Google Scholar
- Hirsch, P. &Peiffer, I. (1967) In:Cerebral Lipidoses (edited byCumings, J. N.), pp. 68. Oxford: Blackwell.Google Scholar
- Moreno, A. R. (1972) Histomorfologia del oviducto deBufo arenarum Hensel.Rev. Agronmoica del Noroeste Argentino 9, 585–602.Google Scholar