Primary hydatid cyst of the breast: A case report
- 53 Downloads
We describe herein the rare case of a hydatid cyst found in the breast of a 26-year-old woman. Clinically, the mass was at first suspected of being a fibroadenoma, but fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) yielded clear fluid only. Histopathologic examination of the resected speciman confirmed that it was a hydatid cyst.
Key Wordsbreast disease echinococcosis hydatid cyst
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Barrett NR, Thomas D (1952) Pulmonary hydatid disease. Br J Surg 40:422Google Scholar
- 4.Epstain NA (1969) Hydatid cyst of breast: Diagnosis using cytological techniques. Acta Cytol 13:420–421Google Scholar
- 7.Haagensen CD (1986) Diseases of the breast. 4th edn. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, p 391Google Scholar
- 8.Kazi JI, Khan A, Raza-ur-Rehman S (1987) Hydatid cyst of breast: a rarity. J Pak Med Assoc 76:86–89Google Scholar
- 12.Bengisum U, Ozaslan C, Kutlay J, Camur A, Demirici S (1993) Primary hydatid cyst of the breast. Case report. Eur J Surg 159:503–504Google Scholar
- 15.Bland KI (1991) Inflammatory, infectious, and metabolic disorders of the breast. In: Bland KI (ed) The breast: Comprehensive management of benign and malignant diseases. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, pp 87–109Google Scholar