Theorem on the central manifold of a nonlinear parabolic equation
Under certain assumptions, we prove the existence of anm-parameter family of solutions that form the central invariant manifold of a nonlinear parabolic equation. For this purpose, we use an abstract scheme that corresponds to energy methods for strongly parabolic equations of arbitrary order.
KeywordsParabolic Equation Real Axis Invariant Manifold Unique Fixed Point Zero Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Lyapunov,General Problem of Stability of Motion [in Russian] Nauka, Moscow 1950.Google Scholar
- 2.N. N. Bogolyubov,On Some Statistical Methods in Mathematical Physics [in Russian] Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Lvov 1945.Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. A. Mitroporsl’ii and O. B. Lykova,Integral Manifolds in Nonlinear Mechanics [in Russian] Nauka, Moscow 1973.Google Scholar
- 4.O. B. Lykova and Ya. S. Baris,Approximate Integral Manifolds [in Russian] Naukova Dumka, Kiev 1993.Google Scholar
- 6.O. B. Lykova, “Investigation of solutions of nonlinear systems close to integrable systems by the method of integral manifolds,” in:Proceedings of the International Symposium on Nonlinear Oscillations [in Russian], Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev (1963), pp. 315–327.Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Pliss,Nonlocal Problems in the Theory of Oscillations [in Russian] Nauka, Moscow 1964.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Kelly, “The stable, center-stable, unstable manifolds,”J. Math. Anal Appl.,18, No. 2, 330–344 (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. L. Daletskii and M. G. Krein,Stability of Solutions of Differential Equations in Banach Spaces [in Russian] Nauka, Moscow 1970.Google Scholar
- 11.O. B. Lykova, “On the reduction principle for differential equations with unbounded operator coefficients,”Ukr. Mat. Zh.,17, No. 2, 240–243 (1975).Google Scholar
- 15.W. A. Coppel and K. J. Palmer, “Averaging and integral manifolds,”Bull. Math. Soc., 197–222 (1970).Google Scholar
- 19.J. Carr,Application of Center Manifolds Theory, Springer, New York 1981.Google Scholar