Sol-Gel derived CeO2:TiO2 coatings for electrochromic devices
- 136 Downloads
Thin films of mixed CeO2-TiO2 with different Ce/Ti mole ratios were prepared following an alcohol based sol-gel route via the spin coating technique using mixed inorganic-organic [CeCl3.7H2O and Ti(OPr)4] precursors. Ion storage capacity for films obtained from aged sols was observed to be high. Enhanced titanium oxide content improved the insertion capacity of the corresponding films as was evident from inserted charge determined by multiple step chronoamperometric measurements. Electrochemical, optical, structural and thermal performances showed the suitability of the films in an all solid state electrochromic (transmissive) device with tungsten trioxide (WO3) as electrochromic material and a conductive polymeric electrolyte based on lithium.
KeywordsTiO2 CeO2 Polymeric Electrolyte CeCl3 Spin Coating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Nishio, Y. Watanabe, T. Tsuchiya, Thin Solid Films350, 96 (1996).Google Scholar
- A. Makishima, H. Kubo, K. Wada, Y. Kitami and T. Shimohira J. Am. Ceram. Soc.69 c-127 (1986).Google Scholar
- U.O. Krasovec, B. Orel, A. Surca, N. Bukovec, R. Reisfeld, Solid State Ionics118, 195 (1999).Google Scholar
- U.L. Stanger, U. Opara and B. Orel, Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology8, 751 (1997).Google Scholar
- A. Larbot, I. Laaziz, J. Marignan and J.F. Quinson, Journal of Non Crystalline Solids147&148, 157 (1992).Google Scholar