Modern conveyor transportation and prospects for its use in hydraulic construction
To reduce substantially the personnel nees.
To lower significantly the transportation costs for delivery of earth-rock materials to construction sites and to concentrating plants processing nonmetallic mateirals (rubble, gravel, and sand);
To reduce the need for trucks, by replacing them with conveyors;
To increase the rate of delivery of earth-rock materials from quarries for dam, construction and, consequently, to reduce the times of completion.
To reduce the volume of housing, cultural-welfare, and auxiliary-subsidiary construction in owing to the lower needs for personnel in conveyor transportation;
To eliminate the need for constructing a large number of roads with rigid pavements for large-capacity dump trucks;
To raise the technical level of the earth-rock work.
KeywordsTransportation Gravel Power Generation Power Engineer Renewable Energy Source
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Proceedings of the 3rd All-Union Conference on Quarry Transportation [in Russian], IGD MChM SSSR, Sverdlovsk (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.B. K. Fadeev, Conveyor Transportation at Ore Quarries [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.V. S. Volotkovskii, Material from Consultation on Use of Conveyors for Rock Transportation [in Russian], Institute of Mining of the Ministry of the Ferrous Metal Industry, Sverdlovsk (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.S. N. Moiseev, Rock-Earth and Rockfill Dams [in Russian], Energiya, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Radchenko and A. P. Troitskii, “Construction of embankment dams,” Énergeticheskoe Stroitel'stvo za Rubezhom, No. 2 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Radchenko and A. V. Zairova, Rock-Earth Dams [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Anikeev, “Cyclic-line techniques for limestone extraction,” Gornyi Zh., No. 9 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.I. S. Moiseev, D. S. Agapov, and G. N. Tret'yakov, “Cyclic-flowline techniques for construction of embankment dams,” Gidrotekh. Stroitel'., No. 11 (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.I. S. Moiseev, “Prospects for use, of mobile equipment and conveyor transportation in hydraulic construction,” Proceedings of All-Union Conference on Open-Cut Mining Techniques [in Russian], Part I, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 10.B. K. Frolov, “Excavation and transport of soils at the Tarbela dam,” Gidrotekh. Stroitel'. No. 10 (1973).Google Scholar
- 11.V. K. D'yachkov, “Investigation of belt conveyor with curved axis in the horizontal plane,” Trudy VNIIPTMASh, No. 11 (1973).Google Scholar