Comparison of various formulas for determining the Chezy coefficient
- 37 Downloads
Equation (1) is presently the best substantiated by full-scale observations for R≤3 m.
The complexity of Eq. (2) for determining the variable exponent y necessitates resorting to specially calculated tables of CηR or to simpler equations.
For the range 0.3<R<5 m we can recommend also Eq. (5) which gives for this range deviations not exceeding ±(1–2)% of C by Eq. (1).
For 5<R<10 m we can recommend for determining C Eq. (6) or simpler Eq. (4), the results of calculating C by which coincide with Eq. (6).
Equation (1) with values of the exponent y determined from Eqs. (10) and (11) can also be used for calculating C.
The collection of full-scale data on the value of C for rivers and canals with values hav>5 m is quite useful and expedient for a more complete substantiation of Eqs. (10) and (11) [4, 6].
KeywordsEnergy Source Power Generation Power Engineer Renewable Energy Source Structural Foundation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. N. Pavlovskii, Hydraulics Handbook [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat, Moscow (1937).Google Scholar
- 2.I. I. Agroskin, G. T. Dmitriev, and F. I. Pikalov, Hydraulics [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.V. F. Talmaza, “Formula for calculating the Chezy coefficient”, in: Problems of Water Management and Hydrochemistry [in Russian], Trudy KirNIIVKh, Funze (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.I. I. Agroskin and D. V. Shterenlikht, “Refined equation for the Chezy coefficient”, Gidrotekhnika i Melioratsiya, No. 9 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Zhelenyakov, Theoretical Principles of Hydrometry [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Aginchus, “Need to correct the Chezy formula for uniform motion of a liquid in open channels”, in: Problems of Hydraulics and Water Management Construction [in Russian], Kiev (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.M. P. Sasorov, “Calculation of the Chezy coefficient for river flow”, Gidrotekh. Stroitel'., No. 7 (1970).Google Scholar