The cascade of V. I. Lenin chiryurtsk hydroelectric plants in the dagestan ASSR
- 18 Downloads
The Sulak River and its tributaries constitute an extremely important hydropower resource of the Dagestan ASSR. The cascade of 20 hydroelectric plants on this river, which will have a total capacity of 3 million kW and an output of 10 billion kW-h (the Gergegil'sk, Chiryurtsk Nos. 1 and 2. Chirkeisk, and other projected plants), provides an excellent example of the effective utilization of a mountain river for the production of power.
KeywordsEnergy Source Power Generation Power Engineer Renewable Energy Source Structural Foundation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. I. Abramovich, “Stream flow in the mountains and foothills of Dagestan,” Collection ”Agriculture of Dagestan” [in Russian] (1946).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Sh. Akhmedov, P. E. Emgushev, and R. A. Rakitina, “Operating conditions and hydraulic flushing of the reservoir of the Chiryurtsk hydroelectric plants on the Sulak River,” Proceedings of the Conference of Young Scientific Workers on Hydropower Construction [in Russian], Gruz. NTOÉiÉP, Sukhumi (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.Large Dams of the USSR [in Russian], Gosénergoizdar (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.L. G. Gvelesiani and N. P. Shmal'tsel', “Sedimentation of reservoirs of hydroelectric plants [in Russian], Énergiya (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.P. N. Emgushev, “Preparation of the register of reservoirs in Dagestan,” Transactions of the Coordinating Conference on Hydraulic Engineering [in Russian], No. 53, Énergiya (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.N. I. Kirichenko, “Experience with the construction of the dam of the Chiyurtsk hydroelectric palnt,” Gidrotekh. Stroitel', No. 4 (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Lyatkher and L. V. Smirnov. “Full-scale dynamic investigation of the wasteways of the Chiryurtsk hydroelectric plant,” Transactions of the Coordinating Conference on Hydraulic Engineering [in Russian], No. 29, Énergiya (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.V. M. Lyatkher and L. V. Smirnov, “Pressure pulsations in a pressure spillway according to full-scale and model measurements,” Izvestiya VNIIG, Énergiya (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.Surface Water Resources of the USSR, Vol. 9, Transcaucasia and Dagestan [in Russian], No. 3 Dagestan, Gidrometizdat (1966).Google Scholar