Electrochemical promotion of electronically isolated and dispersed Pt catalysts
- 42 Downloads
Electrochemical promotion of C2H4 oxidation on electronically isolated Pt catalysts on Y2O3-stabilized-Zirconia (YSZ) where NEMCA is induced via potential application between two terminal Au electrodes also supported on the solid electrolyte (bipolar design).
Electrochemical promotion of C2H4 oxidation on a finely dispersed Pt catalyst deposited on a Au electrode which is supported on YSZ.
Induction of NEMCA during CH3OH oxidation on Pt without external voltage application by utilizing the potential difference developed between the catalyst and a catalytically inert counter electrode.
In all cases significant non faradaic behavior has been obtained. The underlying catalytic/ electro-catalytic phenomena are discussed together with some of the engineering challenges for potential practical applications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C.G. Vayenas, M.M. Jaksic, S. Bebelis and S.G. Neophytides, in: “Modern Aspects of Electrochemistry” (J.O'M. Bockris, B.E. Conway and R.E. White eds) Vol. 29, pp. 57–202 Plenum Press, NY, (1995).Google Scholar
- E. Varkaraki, J. Nicole, E. Plattner, Ch. Comninellis and C.G. Vayenas, J. Appl. Electrochemistry25, 978 (1995).Google Scholar
- “Electrochemical Modification of Catalytic Activity”, C.G. Vayenas, and I.V. Yentekakis, in “Handbook of Catalysis” (G. Ertl, H. Knotzinger, and J. Weitcamp eds.), VCH Publishers, Weinheim, pp. 1310–1338 (1997).Google Scholar
- A. Palermo, M.S. Tikhov, N.C. Filkin, R.M. Lambert, I.V. Yentekakis, and C.G. Vayenas, Ionics1, 366 (1995), Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal.101, 513 (1996).Google Scholar
- W. Zipprich, H.-D. Wiemhoefer, U. Voehrer, and W. Goepel, Ber. Bunsenges. Phys. Chem.99, 1406 (1995).Google Scholar
- M. Marwood and C.G. Vayenas, in press, J. Catal. (1998).Google Scholar
- Ch. Karavasilis, S. Bebelis and C.G. Vayenas, J. Catal.160, 205 (1996).Google Scholar
- J. Nicole and Ch. Comninellis, J. Electrochemical Soc. in press (1998).Google Scholar
- K. Asano, T. Hibino and H. Iwahara, J. Electrochemical Soc.142, 3241 (1995).Google Scholar