Structural evidence for fast-ion conduction in the silver and copper halides at high temperatures and pressures
The results of recent powder neutron diffraction investigations of the high pressure and high temperature phases within the binary Cu and Ag halides are summarised, with emphasis on the relationship between the observed structural disorder and evidence for fast-ion behaviour provided by other techniques such as ionic conductivity measurements, differential thermal analysis and molecular dynamics simulations.
KeywordsCopper Molecular Dynamic Thermal Analysis Electronic Material Molecular Dynamic Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fast Ion Transport in Solids — Solid State Batteries and Devices ed. W van Gool (North-Holland, New York, 1970).Google Scholar
- P.C. Allen and D. Lazarus,Phys. Rev. B 17, 1913 (1978).Google Scholar
- L.W. Strock,Z. Phys. Chem. Abt. B 25 (1934) 411 and31, 132 (1936).Google Scholar
- W. Bührer and W. Hälg,Helv. Phys. Acta 47, 27 (1974).Google Scholar
- L. Merrill,J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 6, 1205 (1977).Google Scholar
- S. Hull, R.I. Smith, W.I.F. David, A.C. Mayers J and R. Cywinski,Physica B 180/181, 1000 (1992).Google Scholar
- S. Hull, D.A. Keen, R. Done, T. Pike and N.J.G. Gardner,Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment 385, 354–360 (1997).Google Scholar
- W.I.F. David, R.M. and J.C. Matthewman, 1992 unpublished.Google Scholar
- P.J. Brown and J.C. Matthewman,Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Report (1987) RAL-92-032.Google Scholar
- C. Tubandt and E. Lorentz E,Z. Phys. Chem. 87, 513 (1914).Google Scholar
- N.J.G. Gardner, S. Hull, D.A. Keen and W. Hayes, in preparation.Google Scholar
- W. Hayes and M.T. Hutchings,Ionic Solids at High Temperatures (ed A M Stoneham)World Scientific, Directions in Condensed Matter Physics 2, 247 (1989).Google Scholar