Factors to be considered in refining a general model of economic threshold
- 58 Downloads
A general model of economic threshold was developed in 1979 on the basis of the European corn borer in Minnesota. It has been tested and adopted on various insects in Europe and South America. On the basis of these experiences and other studies in Minnesota, the model has now been refined to consider the factors of plant stress, host tolerance and insect phenology.
KeywordsPlant Pathology General Model Plant Stress European Corn Borer Economic Threshold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CHIANG, H.C. (1973). Ecological considerations in developing recommendations for chemical control of pests: European corn borer as a model.FAO Pl. Prot. Bull. 21: 30–39.Google Scholar
- CHIANG, H.C. (1979). A general model of the economic threshold level of pest populations.FAO Pl. Prot. Bull. 27: 71–73.Google Scholar
- CHIANG, H. C. & FRENCH, L.K. (1980). Host tolerance, a short-term pest management tool — maize and corn rootworm as a model.Fao Pl. Prot. Bull. 28: 137–138.Google Scholar
- CHIANG, H.C. & FRENCH, L.K. & RASMUSSEN, D.E. (1980). Quantitative relationship between western corn rootworm population and corn yield.J. econ. Ent. 73: 665–666.Google Scholar
- DITTRICK, L.E. & CHIANG, H.C. (1981). Differences in development responses of the European corn borer reared of corn plants vs meridic diet under greenhouse conditions.Environ. Ent. 10: 889–892.Google Scholar
- SANBORN, S.M. (1981). European corn borer management on snap beans: seedcorn maggot in relation to snap bean root rot; and seedcorn maggot development in relation to temperature. Ph. D. Thesis, Univ. Wisconsin-Madison. 110 pp.Google Scholar
- BAKER, D., Professor of Soil Microclimatology, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota. 1982. On threshold temperature of European corn borer larval development.Google Scholar
- LECUONA, Roberto, Ing. Agr. Section Entomologia-Instituto Nacional de Tecnologia Agropecuaria, Estacion Experimental Regional Agropecuaria Pergamino, Búenos Aires, Republica Argentina. 1981. On economic threshold ofMetopolophium dirhodum.Google Scholar
- SCHÜTTE, F., Direktor Professor, Biologische Bundesanstalt für Land- und Forstwirtschaft, West Germany, 1981. On economic threshold of grain aphids.Google Scholar