Influence of elastic inclusions on the strength and durability of backup rolls of rolling mills
- 16 Downloads
We propose an efficient approach to the evaluation of the influence of elastic inclusions on the strength and durability of large backup rolls of rolling mills. Analytic solutions are obtained for the problem of determination of the durability of rolls and admissible sizes of inclusions under cyclic loads and their critical sizes under static loads. We present the results in the form of the plots and compare them with special cases known in the literature.
KeywordsStructural Material Static Load Cyclic Load Critical Size Efficient Approach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Panasyuk, A. E. Andreikiv, A. M. Legun, B. A. Morozov, A. I. Darchuk, V. A. Zazulyak, and V. I. Ponomarev,Determination of Brittle Strength and Durability of Large Backup Rolls of Rolling Mills [in Russian], Preprint No. 135, Karpenko Physicomechanical Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, L'viv (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Panasyuk, O. P. Ostash, and E. M. Kostyk, “Initiation of fatigue cracks near stress concentrators”,Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater.,21, No. 6, 3–10 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.M. M. Stadnik and R. V. Riznichuk, “Computational model for the evaluation of fatigue durability of a body weakened by a thin cavity”,Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater.,25, No. 3, 83–89 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Panasyuk, M. M. Stadnik, and V. P. Silovanyuk,Concentration of Stresses in Three-Dimensional Bodies with Thin Inclusions [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.M. M. Stadnik, “On one strain criterion of local fracture for bodies with flattened cavities”,Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater.,25, No. 1, 113–114 (1989).Google Scholar