Relations between specific gravity, dry matter content and starch content of potatoes
- 238 Downloads
Published relations between specific gravity, dry matter content and starch content are summarized in the form of regression equations and a diagram. It is suggested that, for the potato literature, uniformity of presentation of results and of conversion equations used would be desirable.
KeywordsPotato specific gravity dry matter content starch content
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Behrend, P., M. Maercker & A. Morgen, 1880. Über den Zusammenhang des specifischen Gewichts mit dem Stärkemehle und Trockensubstanzgehalt der Kartoffeln.Lanw. VersStn 25: 107–171.Google Scholar
- Burton, W. G., 1966. The potato, 2nd ed. Veenman, Wageningen.Google Scholar
- Fitzpatrick, T. J., W. L. Porter & G. V. C. Houghland, 1969. Continued studies of the relationship of specific gravity to total solids of potatoes.Am. Potato J. 46: 120–127.Google Scholar
- Houghland, G. V. C., 1966. New conversion table for specific gravity, dry matter and starch in potatoes.Am. Potato J. 43: 138.Google Scholar
- Nissen, M., 1955. The weight of potatoes in water.Am. Potato J. 32:332–339.Google Scholar
- Nissen, M., 1967. The weight of potatoes in water: further studies on the relation between dry matter and starch content.Eur. Potato J. 10: 85–99.Google Scholar
- Porter, W. L., T. J. Fitzpatrick & E. A. Talley, 1964. Studies of the relationship of specific gravity to total solids of potatoes.Am. Potato J. 41: 329–336.Google Scholar
- Wilson J. H. & A. M. Lindsay, 1969. The relationship between specific gravity and dry matter content of potato tubers.Am. Potato J. 46: 323–328.Google Scholar